Description: Do you have an EPP-created assessment? This workshop is your chance to fully revise it to meet CAEP's sufficient level for instruments and data. Bring one of your EPP-created assessments to work in assessment-alike small groups with a trained CAEP Assessment Reviewer. Your assessment for revision can be any ONE of the following types:
- Student Teaching Observation Rubric
- Portfolio Rubric
- Employer Survey
- Completer Survey
- Unit plan Assessment
- Lesson Plan Assessment
- Dispositions Assessment
Goal: The goal of the workshop is to provide EPPs with a hands-on opportunity to improve the quality of an EPP-created assessment under the guidance of trained CAEP reviewers.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the criteria of the CAEP Assessment Evaluation Tool as it applies to their current assessment(s).
- Apply the criteria of the CAEP Assessment Evaluation Tool and a description of common rubric weaknesses to a self-critique of their current assessment(s).
- Develop a list of needed revisions to improve the quality of their current assessment(s).
- Revise one assessment to meet the CAEP sufficient level.
- Generate a list of next steps for further revisions and/or EPP discussion and planning.
How will this workshop differ from the Early Assessment Review process?
- Interaction is key. CAEP assessment reviewers will be on hand to answer specific questions.
- Real-time feedback and examples will be provided using the CAEP Early Assessment Evaluation Tool.
- Opportunity to work together with other EPPs addressing similar instruments and to learn from each other.
- Time line of 3 years "out" is not in play. EPPs close to a site visit or years ahead of one can be present.
- Specific examples of rubric weaknesses will be categorized, described, and remediated.
- A culture of continuous improvement will be developed, avoiding a do-this-for-CAEP mentality resulting from a review report.