2019 Fall CAEP Conference
Marriott Wardman Park
PreCon Orientation Sessions:
September 25, 2019
Main Conference Programming:
September 26-27, 2019
September 27-28, 2019
About Fall CAEPCon
Twice a year, the educator preparation profession gathers at the CAEP Conference (CAEPCon). CAEPCon provides opportunities to interact directly with the CAEP team and learn about the CAEP Standards and the Accreditation Process.
Sessions focus on important topics such as quality assessments, data literacy, diverse clinical practices, demonstrating program impact, developing a quality assurance system, and more.
CAEPCon gives educator preparation providers (EPPs) the chance to share innovative ideas, continuous improvement experiences, transformational practice, and evidence-supported successes with other EPPs. Educator preparation providers will have an opportunity to network and share best practices, while gaining new ideas.
Whether you're new to the process or an accreditation veteran, there is always something to learn! From beginning to end, attendees can enjoy learning and networking opportunities that extend beyond the main conference programming. You will not want to miss these CAEPCon features.
The CAEPCon App
Get the most out of your experience, and download the app! Build your own schedule, access session materials and presentations, chat with attendees, test out our and more - all from your mobile device or computer.
PreCon Orientation Sessions
Free and optional, these pre-conference sessions aim to guide attendees toward conference content best suited for their journey through the accreditation process. For those interested in attending, plan to arrive by early afternoon on September 25th to allow time for settling in before sessions. PreCons aid attendees in:
- Figuring out which CAEPCon track to follow
- Determining what key points will be covered within the CAEP Standards sessions
- Learning about key CAEP resources, including: scope of accreditation, accreditation reports and requirements, assessment evaluation frameworks, evidence sufficiency criteria, etc.
- Building a deeper understanding of the accreditation process, including: report timelines, the AIMS platform, tools for writing, etc.
Four (4) PreCon orientation sessions will be offered, based on your level of familiarity with the CAEP Accreditation Process:
PreCon: Novice Level | Wed., September 25; 2:00 p.m.
Perfect for anyone with little or no knowledge of the overall accreditation process, this PreCon session will give participants guidance on what to anticipate on the 'Novice Track'. Participants will receive a basic understanding of the concepts behind each standard and associated components, as well as general guidelines on how to best meet the standards.
PreCon: Standards for Advanced-Level Programs | Wed., September 25; 2:00 p.m.
PreCon: Experienced Level | Wed., September 25; 3:30 p.m.
This PreCon session is suited for anyone, with some prior CAEP knowledge, looking to deepen their understanding of the accreditation process. This orientation will outline what to anticipate on the 'Intermediate/Experienced Track,' such as focusing in on evidence sufficiency criteria, to demonstrate concepts of the standards and components.
- PreCon: Program Review | Wed., September 25; 5:00 p.m.
- For those looking to deepen their understanding of Program Review, this is your session! Participants will gain a basic understanding of the scope of CAEP Accreditation and program review, available program review options, purpose of conducting program-level review, and the state’s role in selecting program review options.
Want to know more about the accreditation process? The Resource Center will feature concise information about the various steps in the accreditation process in a poster-style format. The Resource Center will be open, with CAEP staff present, for the full duration of CAEPCon – come by any time!
PostCon workshops offer a broad focus on essential topics. These workshops are held shortly after the conclusion of the main conference programming. Attending a workshop is an excellent opportunity to apply what you've learned at CAEPCon to your provider's unique circumstances. So, come ready to work!
Two (2) workshops will be offered at the 2019 Fall CAEPCon:
- A3: Accreditation, Accountability, and Assessment Workshop
- This workshop will explore the latest information and methods to help educator preparation providers (EPPs) understand the expectations for addressing validity and reliability of EPP created-assessments.
- Focusing on the areas where past EPPs have needed the most assistance, participants will gain a better understanding of validity and reliability in the context of the accreditation process. Attendees will be able to explain how to address the CAEP criteria for validity and reliability and describe the key steps for meeting the levels of sufficiency. EPPs in the process of gathering evidence or writing its self-study report are welcome to use their own key assessments during workshop exercises.
PostCon workshops are presented in two sequential parts – scheduled as follows:
Part 1: Wednesday, March 20; 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Part 2: Thursday, March 21; 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please plan your travel and lodging accordingly.
PostCon workshop reminders:
- Registration for main conference programming is required to participate in the PostCon workshops.
- Only one workshop can be attended per participant, as workshops run concurrently.
- Register for one workshop per attendee.
- Seating is limited, so be sure to register early!